Okay, some of these facts aren't exactly "fascinating"...more like humiliating...but that doesn't start with a "F". And it's all about themes, people.
1. I spotted an amazing deal on some dresses. Not that I'm exactly a dress-wearin' type of girl, but a good deal is a good deal. Plus, buying clothing for myself never seems to happen. Those clothes that were purchased three babies ago are no longer working so something had to be done.
When the long awaited package containing the beautiful new clothing arrived, I scurried off in excitement and snatched up the box. I eagerly donned a new dress feeling oh-so human-like again. It was a great day! Or so I thought. In walked our daughter who pointed out my new dress. Next words to leave her lips were "You're having another baby, aren't you? I can SO tell!" Ummmm....that dress is so going in the trash! The moment was ruined!
2. Since our youngest was born, I've TRIED to start an exercise regiment. Ya know, it's the healthy thing to do. Okay, I'm so not a healthy person or instances like the one above wouldn't occur. I did, however, commit myself to at least enduring a few crunches in the morning. Two problems. One, I have MAJOR commitment issues. Two, laying on the ground and thinking one might be able to do this unnoticed is merely a dream. Anyone who dares to encompass the floor is really trying to set-up a giant obstacle course for two little boys. Yeah, those sit-ups are so not happening.
3. There has been two moments in my life when I was actually sort of, but not really, athletic. Once when I was involved in gymnastics, which somehow seemed to improve my running skills to the point where teachers/coaches were trying to fail me in certain classes if I didn't agree to join track. That tacit was definitely working. So you want me to run for your team. Sure, I'll be responsible and join for I know that adults are wise and know what is best...said NO TEENAGER EVER!
Then, there was that one time in collage when I started a workout regiment that involved lifting...can you believe it... actual weights. Sure, I started out just lifting the bar without any weights, but as some point I graduated to 10 pounds of added weight. Yep, watch out. I'm a major power house! However, after such workouts climbing the stairs back to our dorm room was more difficult than giving birth. Seriously, my legs were like jello, and each step seemed to be a mile high. So workouts just aren't my thing. And then there's that whole commitment issue...
4. I follow a wonderful blog by Rebecca at Simple As That. Her photos are absolutely amazing! Just gorgeous, truly gorgeous. Anyway, she holds linky parties on Sundays where you can submit photos that display the simple things in life. Well, for some unknown reason, she chose one of my photos and featured it along with a few others this past Sunday! I felt like a kid in a candy store when I saw our little man's chubby feet pull up on her blog! So if you're an avid photography lover, check out her blog. There is a lot of inspiration over there. Plus, she has other amazing posts, tutorials, etc. (I wanted to point out that whenever you see text in my posts that is colored, it is a link. Just in case you were wondering! So click here and here if you want to see what photo was featured.)
5. I'm getting close to my 100th post, y'all! Oh, my! I can't believe I've actually stuck with this whole blogging thing. So I'm trying to come up with something exciting to either write about or maybe even give away, but I have no idea what. That's probably not surprising, though. So if you have anything you'd like to know or any suggestions, please share! Okay, so maybe you could care less about this milestone, but I'm one of those stay-at-home-moms (SAHM) whose daily activities rotate around locating the child with the smelly bottom and convincing a casual dumpster-diver that snacks are NOT found in the trash can!
*Linking up with Sunday Snapshot. Check out Stefanie's blog for some great photog inspiration!