Thursday, November 15, 2012

Everyday Moments | No. 1

I have yet another confession to make.  No, I did not burn down the house while making macaroni and cheese.  No, I did not drive the van through the front of the garage...or at least not yet. 

Rather, my passion for photography is growing exponentially! I'm in love with images that showcase the natural and simple joys of life.  Ya know, the everyday moments that sometimes get overlooked.  Throughout the past year, photographing life...especially through the eyes of my children...has become my outlet.  It's a way to freeze time forever. Kids grow so quickly, and photography has a way of capturing a single moment and stopping time indefinitely (or at least until a wild dog reaps havoc on my SD cards and hard drive!)

I have SO much to learn in terms of photography, and maybe one day I'll have it mastered!  I'm not crossing my fingers, though.  This might prove to be more difficult than passing Organic Chemistry during my college years. 

In my endeavour to learn more about photography, I've become part of a blog circle. A few of us women (moms and photographers) have joined together to share our everyday moments. A glimpse into our lives...a moment that's frozen in time.

This group is full of some astounding photographers! They give me inspiration, and I wanted to share their talents with all of you. If you follow our circle, you'll venture through nine other posts that showcase the everyday lives of wonderful photographers.  The circle should lead you back here...ya know, like a circle!  Crazy, huh?!

I'll start off by sharing a few of my attempts of capturing the simple things...the everyday moments.

A sleeping child.  A time when you sit in awe and wonder, which may be overcome by a pure sense of exhaustion as you drift off to sleep next to the child.  Or so I've heard.


The above photo was taken while he was actually sleeping.  I KNOW!  When does he ever sleep?  Light source:  Cell phone!  Those little devices are just full of endless possibilities!

And sometimes this boy slows down just long enough for me to sneak up and grab a quick shot!


And let me preface the following image...NO ONE was hurt in the process of capturing this moment.  He was merely saddened by the fact that he is too young to gallivant around with a marker.  How will he ever exhibit his Picasso-like talents with his mama interfering?  Anyway, it was just a brief instance where he was pouty, and my camera was already in use.  Yes, I missed the focus a bit, but I couldn't resist sharing! 

 
So why don't you sit back and relax?  Click on through the blog circle and enjoy some beautiful artwork created by some wonderful photographers.  Continue on this little journey by linking to Kim's blog.  You can thank me later!  Seriously, she is an amazing infant and child photographer...able to capture life as it truly is.  Wonderfully beautiful, really! 

You can find her blog here.

*If you're a lover of art or an inspiring photographer, follow through the Everyday Moments blog circle and show some love.  You'll be glad you did.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- that crying face! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! You made me laugh and also sigh with pleasure. You've catpured such beautiful light and perfect expressions. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm not sure I captured it all very well, but it was fun trying something new!

      Delete
  3. Love these + the marker issue is a common theme here too! Just Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Markers are my demise! Prior to this he managed to color our couch a lovely shade of black! Guess I should have captured that moment, too!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post! I'm so excited to be a part of this blog circle and getting to know such beautiful, inspirational and extremely talented women!

    It's so wonderful how photography serves as such a beautiful, creative outlet for us hardworking moms. It's definitely taught me to view my world differently. :)

    And I LOVE the pouty photo...such an honest, intense moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I'm really loving this blog circle. I'm learning so much. Hopefully, I'll learn to apply it! Thanks! =)

      Delete
  5. Photography is a beautiful expression and such a great thing we have to freeze time, I so agree. I made my hobby a business and yes, it is still fun...but I still prefer to capture my own sleeping babes. I love that first picture. I know how hard it is to enter a dark room and try not to ruin it with a flash or use a slow SS, I commend you! I think I will try my cell phone next time for a light source, a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good for you for turning your hobby into a business. Hope it is going well! I do shoots for people from time to time, which helps me learn even more and challenges me. I'm far from ever having a business, though. I do love following photographers...it gives me new perspectives!

      Delete
  6. I am in awe of you photo of your boy sleeping. He looks so sweet. The idea that you used a cell phone for light is crazy amazing! I am not that great at taking photos but I try to get the everyday pics of my son too. I got a camera for Christmas a month after he was born and I go a little crazy, lol. I now just have to say Paparatzi (spelling at 2 am not my forte, sorry) and he will turn his head and smile at the camera. Very beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When our oldest was born, about 800 pictures were taken. And that was just the first 24 hours after birth! So I understand. Isn't it funny how kids get used to us chasing them around? They're ready for Hollywood! =)

      Delete
  7. Thank you! When our oldest was born, about 800 pictures were taken. And that was just the first 24 hours after birth! So I understand. Isn't it funny how kids get used to us chasing them around? They're ready for Hollywood! =)

    ReplyDelete

*If you want to talk about it, make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form. You'll see responses in your email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...