Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Project Life {Week 10}

I'm choking as I type "Week 10"!  How can it be the middle of March already?  I feel like the year just started!  Slow down father time...slow down!

Side note:  If you're a math guru, tomorrow's PI Day.  Just saying!

Okay, back to my senses.  For some reason the camera and I are NOT friends right now.  Could I take a decent picture of a non-moving, non-screaming object?  Nope.  So please disregard the horrendous photos you're about to see.

The weather was so nice last week that I somehow forgot to take pictures.  We were "treating" our cabin fever with some outdoor sunshine, and I kept thinking "It's okay that you didn't take a picture today.  There's always tomorrow."  Ugh...somehow I've arrived into the following week without knowing it.  Again, slow down father time!

So here is my layout for Week 10.  Nothing too special.  I'm still going the simple route.  Somehow even the simple route seems to take a lot of my time.  I think I have some organization problem, which doesn't pair well with not being able to make a decision!  Seriously! 

I'm all "Should I use this sticker this week or save it for next week?  Do I put this picture here or over there?"  Man, decision-making is NOT my thing!

Anyway, here's the full layout minus the right edge.  My camera has it out for me!



Here's the left side. No, that is not Stay Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. Just had to blur some pictures for internet precautions.



Here's the right side.  I caught a little sibling rivalry in action. HAD to document it.  Don't worry...I stopped the incident before it evolved.  I have cat-like reflexes, after all!



 A few close-ups seeing how the full photos are horrendous!  Seriously, this camera HATES me.  None of that "It's the user" talk.  I can hear you, people!  Okay, not really.



The little man was getting in on the camera action.  Maybe I should use his photos!

Yet another collage, but it shows the little man in full character.  Climbing onto the counters...daily occurrence around here.



I did add quite a few collages this week.  I think I'm a little too collage-happy!  It's the easiest way for me to get more photos without having a lot of inserts.  Trying to keep things simple since I'm living the "simple life"!  Ha!  I wish!

As I've said before, check out The Mom Creative and One Happy Mama for some fantabulous layouts and inspiration! 

One day, I WILL start applying all of the great knowledge I've gained from other Project Lifers!  I will, I say, I will!


18 comments:

  1. I am a fan of doing collages too. Great way to get more photos in without so many inserts. Love your pages. And as far a blurry moving objects... could we really expect anything else with the reality of life with kids?? Seriously, your photos look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, taking pictures of little kiddos is quite a task! Guess the blurry pictures will make great memories...seeing the kids for who they really are! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pages - I especially like the staggering of the three different pictures from same occasion across one card like your son with the camera. Very effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always trying something different...even if I'm not sure if I completely like it. The staggering pics kind of look like pictures on a wall. I might need to get some scrapbook paper downloaded to use instead of a plain color. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I'm bad at making decisions too. HA! Really nice layout. I always love seeing the "extras" people do so I really like the ribbon and ric rac you used on that one journaling card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one that has trouble making decisions! That's why I like PL so much...for me, it's a little easier than "normal" scrapbooking. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. thanks for visiting me! I felt like my camera was against me last night as I was trying to take good pictures of my layouts (the awful awful glare!)

    your pages look great...I have not tried doing collages yet but might have to

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And "the glare" is my enemy. I turn off the flash to reduce it, but then the pictures are blurry. I just can't win! =)

      Delete
  5. I actually am a fan of collages I say more pictures are better then less although I am guilty that my little Ipod has been my camera for the last weeks but I am ok with my Instagram pictures. As long as I get my pictures I'm happy and remember that PL is about memories and capturing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I wish that I had an iPhone! I'm missing out with my crazy android phone. Instagram pics in PL are amazing!

      Agreed...PL is about capturing memories! Well said!

      Delete
  6. Your layouts are so fun! I love the ones of your son with the camera! Maybe you won't have to wait too long. I keep hearing instagram is coming to android.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep hearing about Instagram coming to android, too. Keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  7. LOVE your pages and style. The sequenced photos are SUPER cute and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! And thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed looking at your pages! Even blurry pictures are great to look back on and remember this point in time! I also love templates, and I'm a horrible decision maker too...another reason why I'm happy to be doing Project Life digitally! I can delete things I don't like and reuse everything! It's great. Seriously, the greatest thing is capturing all the little everyday moments to look back on. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keeping tossing around the idea of going digital with PL next year. It's very tempting for the exact reasons you mentioned! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Love your pages AND your photos! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

*If you want to talk about it, make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form. You'll see responses in your email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...