Sunday, July 8, 2012

Simple Sunday...


Our daughter has been working on her photography skills, which I've used as an excuse for me to learn more as well!  I think I have a serious problem...someone please take the camera away from me.  It's becoming a very addictive hobby.  There's so much to learn, and I just can't help myself! 

Plus, I'm really enjoying the mother-daughter interaction.  I LOVE spending quality time with her.  She's growing up way too quickly! 

Anyway, we've been avoiding the outdoors during the day due to the extreme heat.  So in the evenings we head outside.  I was tending to the garden, and the kids were enjoying the cool water courtesy of our lovely hose when I thought I should grab the camera.  The sun was setting, and the sky was absolutely gorgeous! 

I set the camera, handed it to our 9-year old, and told her to shoot away...never knowing what she might capture!  When I uploaded the images, I found the above photograph!  BEAUTIFUL!  Needless to say, I was quite amazed by our daughter's talent!  I think I'll treasure it always!

Linking up with Simple As That and Petite Hermine.

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - your daughter has captured a beautiful BEAUTIFUL photo, what an amazing and touching silouhette. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She even impressed herself! It will be a great little keepsake. =)

      Delete
  2. WOW - very good. Love the picture.
    Greetings from Hamburg, Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I welcome you from a far away place! Oh, how I hope to travel to Europe someday! =)

      Delete
  3. Oh ♥ ♥ ♥ What a moment! Just lovable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! My 5 year old is very into taking pictures. I hope it's something she works on developing as she gets older. Your daughter looks like she's well on her way!

    Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's great that your daughter enjoys photography at such a young age! It's a fun little hobby! =)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shot especially for a 9 year old! You must be very proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are! There were a lot of other images that weren't so exciting, but this one turned out great. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful shot. Love the silhouette and the beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. We've been trying to guide her, and I thinks she's starting to pick up on some techniques. Not every picture was great, but all you need is one. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Wow...your daughter is amazing! I guess you know what she'll do when she grows up! Absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always enjoyed taking pictures, but with someone so young, you never know what you might get! =) She's starting to grasp some fun techniques/ideas that we've been trying to "teach" her. It's a fun little hobby for all of us. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. This photo is such a treasure! Your daughter did a fabulous job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! That means a lot coming from you! I just LOVE your work! We're all in the midst of learning about photography around here, and I'm pretty excited that our daughter is loving it, too. You have been a great inspiration! =)

      Delete
  10. That is a gorgeous photo! Your daughter has a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great keepsake that's for sure! =)

      Delete

*If you want to talk about it, make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form. You'll see responses in your email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...