Monday, May 21, 2012
How Did That Happen?
1. Over the weekend, Matt and I went out on a little date! I know...so not like us! I felt incredibly neckid without the kiddos. Like being lost in a foreign land. Anyway...as we were walking into the restaurant, we noticed how crowded it appeared to be. Matt suggested that we might have to sit in the bar where it tends to have more readily available seating. Immediately, I started fumbling through my purse and informed him that "I'll probably have to show my ID in order to get into the bar." Without hesitation, Matt quickly responds "Don't flatter yourself." What? I don't look like I'm SIXTEEN anymore! How did that happen?
2. This leads me to my next point. As I was preparing for our date night, I spent an hour on my hair and another hour on my wardrobe. I painted my nails and sprayed some perfume. I looked ravishing! Okay...that so DIDN'T happen! I was happy to make it out of the house in clothes that weren't covered in baby puke. I have no idea if my attire even matched! Before we left, I did manage to pull back my hair, and to my dismay, I found strands that were GREY! Much more than one or two! How did that happen?
3. As the end of the school year approaches, I'm filled with excitement and sadness. It's bittersweet. See, our little girl who was so eager to start "REAL" school (aka: elementary school) is now moving on to FOURTH GRADE! Did you hear that...fourth grade, y'all! How did that happen?
4. End of the school year means a busy summer for this family. Not only will we be running to and from every activity known to man, but all of our kiddos will be celebrating a birthday! Yep, three summer birthdays. I just can't believe they're all going to be another year older. Weren't they just born? To top it off, our littlest bebe will be turning ONE! O. N. E! How did that happen?
5. Once upon a time, I was a HUGE neat freak! I mean...it was BAD! Seriously! The joke in college was that my future kids would be dressed in all WHITE and drink lemonade poured from a GLASS pitcher all the while sitting around a large, perfectly set table. Back then, I'm pretty sure I drove people mad with my everything-has-to-be-clean-and-in-its-place-at-ALL-times problem. Now, I laugh at the thought of buying white clothing and lean towards outfits that are dark in color. We drink juice from a plastic container and our glassware is behind lock-and-key. As for a perfectly set table, I hope mismatched plastic plates and silverware jammed into the center of the table count...otherwise, I've got nothin'! How did that happen?
*Disclaimer: I hope you can sense the sarcasm where it's intended. I need to start tagging my sarcasm with a sarcastic smiley, but alas, I don't know how to do that!
Filed Under: Family Life