Saturday, May 19, 2012

Flower Girl, Ring Bearer, and CANDY...

Whew...I haven't posted in 2 weeks!  How is that possible?  Where did the time go?  I have NO IDEA...so if you know, please share 'cause I'll never figure it out on my own! 

I will say that we've been B. U. S. Y.  I know...who hasn't?  It's fun to be crazy busy sometimes, and other times it's nice to take a break and chill...which is what I'm doing right now. 

Anywho, I'd like to say that I've been away from the computer and working like a mad man on my garden.  But alas, I have not.  My garden is just a patch of dying grass and dirt, but I'm hoping to get it started this weekend.  As for the computer, well...I've been editing away. 

I had the pleasure of playing photographer at a wedding this past weekend.  I was EXTREMELY worried about the whole thing...ya know, scared to death that I might miss THAT shot or have an image so blurry not even Photoshop could save it.  The pressure was on, indeed!


And my mom made this AMAZING cake!  It was just beautiful!  How is it that I am a TOTAL DISASTER in the kitchen when I was raised around such talent my entire life?  I just don't get it!
Wedding Cake


Oh, did I mention that my kiddos were a part of the wedding, too?  Of course, I didn't.  I haven't blogged in 2 WEEKS! 

Yep, Miss Merisa was a beautiful flower girl.  She's a pro after all...this is her second wedding.  She tag-teamed the flower girl spot last year at my brother-in-law's wedding.  I'm just hoping she won't be the actual bride for another 30+ years!  Wishful thinking?


As for Mr. Logan, he was supposed to be a ring bearer.  Did you catch that?  See...he told me while I was trying to dress him that he had other plans.  He reached into my holds-everything-that-a-kid-would-ever-need bag for his UTENSILS.  And, yes, I do carry child size utensils with me everywhere I go.  Like I said, the bag never ends!  Seriously.

Mr. Logan decided he was hungry. Being the amazing mother that I am, I looked into said bag for some snacks...'cause I ALWAYS have some extra food with me. 

Guess what this mother did?  Yep, I forgot to pack any snacks!  Really?!  Remember...I ALWAYS have snacks...but not this time.  Not the one time that it was hard to slip away and grab something for the kids to eat. 

Well, this little boy refused to do anything until I got him some food.  Luckily, after a half hour of searching, I did find some food.  He ate away, but I could tell he wasn't in the mood to cooperate.  My cousin bought him "special" shoes for the wedding, and my mom made him an adorable vest...all of which he REFUSED to wear!  Sorry, guys...

Instead of acting as ring bearer, Matt held him during the wedding....I was playing photographer and wasn't able to help.  Next, thing I knew....that little boy full of energy was doing this...


Yep, he SLEPT through the entire wedding.  He even slept through most of the reception.  Should've known!  He did wake at one point, which was probably due to something calling him.

See, there was a CANDY BAR at the reception! 

And this boy HEARTS sugar!  I mean, it might even be above tractors in his book, which is almost unimaginable!  We had a blast trying to keep him from devouring the ENTIRE bar of candy...no joke!

He's hiding under the table eating... MORE CANDY!

Merisa, on the other hand, has great control around sugar.  She always has, but not Mr. Logan!


As for the bebe, he was a ham.  He took full advantage of the never-ending attention.  He knows how the lure in the crowd.  Who could resist his chubby cheeks and ornery grin?  NO ONE!


So I'll try to be a better blogger, but then again, summer break is almost here.  When it's warm, we're outside enjoying life.  Okay, more like I run around yelling "Stay out of the chicken barn!  Don't break daddy's eggs!  Get away from the pond!  Don't eat the dirt! That's yucky, bebe!  Don't run over your sister with the gator!" (Power Wheels gator, y'all.  Not John Deere's. What kind of mom do you think I am?  Don't answer that!)  


Seriously, though, I HEART summer!  Enjoy the weather, y'all!  I know we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

*If you want to talk about it, make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form. You'll see responses in your email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...