Monday, October 17, 2011

Here Goes Nothing...

So we're making the switch...or should I say "I'm" making the switch!  (I don't think that everyone is on-board with my idea!) 

And what's that, you might ask.  Well, we're going down the cloth diapers road.  I never tried them with the other two kids.  Heck, I barely knew how to change a diaper when Merisa was born.  Pretty sure I didn't even know cloth diapers existed then.  So Mr. Levi will be the guinea pig.  Hope he doesn't mind!  I plan on giving it a whirl with Logan, too.  It might motivate him to go in the potty...or maybe motivate me to potty train him since I'm pretty sure the only reason he isn't trained is because I refuse to start!  :)  Merisa was so easy to train...just told her they no longer made diapers, and that's all it took.  Seriously, completely trained both during the day and the night!  Incredible!  Granted, we had a small hiccup when she saw her little cousin who somehow still had access to diapers.  To her knowledge, her aunt and uncle had just stocked up on diapers since they knew diapers weren't being made anymore.  Her mom wasn't so smart...we ran out of diapers! Oops!

So wish me luck with the little boys as they venture into the world of cloth.  It should be okay seeing how I used to work in a nursing home during my college years.  Yep, I've changed a lot of diapers in my day...even had poo flung at me...had to dig poo out from under fingernails...I could go on, but I wouldn't want to disgust anyone.  Oh, the stories I could tell!  :)  Guess I can't use the excuse that I didn't know how to change a diaper when Merisa was born...more like they make diapers this small!

Oh, here's a pic of our little project in case you haven't seen what these new ones look like.  I was envisioning pieces of fabric held together with safety pins.  Someone must have realized that pinning a baby during the middle of the night wasn't a good idea!  Snaps, I hope, are much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*If you want to talk about it, make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form. You'll see responses in your email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...