Saturday, December 15, 2012

Everyday Moments | No. 2

Shocking.  Heart-breaking.  Unfathomable. 

The tragedy that occurred yesterday is difficult to grasp.  Innocent lives were lost.  Families are mourning.  Countless tears are being shed.

As the news poured in, I kept thinking it was all a dream.  This really couldn't be happening, right? 

How could it be possible? 

For some, the day began with little minds yearning to know what Santa might bring.  Beautifully wrapped presents were under the tree awaiting for the special day to arrive.  Time of togetherness filled with love and laughter was just around the corner.

Then, it happened.

In a blink of an eye everything changed.

I can't even imagine what they endured.  Those brave, beautiful, wonderful souls. 

There are no words. 

Only tears.

As I try to process the event as it unfolds, I'm taking a moment to reflect.  A moment to hug, to laugh, to cherish those special times that I tend to take for granted.

I'll embrace the gooey kisses. 

I'll look at the world through their eyes.  Find the beauty in everything.

I won't hesitate to share just one more hug when time doesn't allow.

Life is precious.  Life is sacred.  Life is meant to be lived. 

As I swoop up my children and squeeze them ever so tightly, my prayers go out to each and every family and friend that was affected by yesterday's tragedy. To those incredibly brave teachers, staff and students, my heart and prayers are with all of you. 

The innocence of youth. 
 
The world is an amazing place.
Beauty abounds.  Life is simple.  Life is now.
 
May they stay forever young.
 
Once again, I'm taking part in a blog circle that is sharing special moments captured through photography.  Click here to continue on this photographic journey by visiting Kristin's blog.

Images can speak louder than words.

6 comments:

*If you want to talk about it, make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form. You'll see responses in your email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...