Friday, December 30, 2011

My Homemade Resolution...

Had to add some sort of picture.  Aren't they cute?!

12 Homemade Items for 2012

I've decided to publicly blog about my New Year's Resolution...to make things myself!  This way you can hold me accountable.  I always need some sort of motivation so I'm hoping this works.  I've chosen 12 items...one item for each month.  I would like to do more, but I'm guessing it will be hard enough for me to keep up with 12!  I have the whole EYES ARE BIGGER THAN MY STOMACH syndrome!  So here it goes...

January:   Homemade Bread
Now that I have a bread machine, making bread from scratch is definitely at the top of my list! I'll try some of these recipes along with some from my new cookbook!  I can't wait!  This family goes through a TON of bread so this has to be a good thing!

February:  Homemade Meal Planning  
No link here as I'm going to either do this solo or use a bunch of different recipes/menu ideas.  Please wish me luck!  I think this will be the hardest one for me to do...as you know, cooking isn't my thing so planning ahead may cause internal combustion!

March:  Homemade Laundry Detergent 
A friend of mine has been doing this for years so I thought I'd give it a try.  With the amount of laundry that we do, surely this would save me some money.  Will see if it's worth it!

April:  Homemade Dishwasher Detergent  
This sounds easy enough, but I'm sure something will go wrong.  I'll let you know in April!

May:  Homemade Veggies  
Okay, so I don't have a link for this one either since I'm going to do this with a little help from my real-life friends.  I'm going to have a REAL garden this year...ya know, start the veggies from seeds and grow everything under the sun!  I tried this last year, but when you're belly is so large that it's next to impossible to bend over and weed the said garden...things get a bit out of control!  Hoping to have a much better garden this year!

June: Homemade Rag Quilt  
I'm more than excited to try this!  I might have to start this in a day or two in order to have it done by June, but that's okay.  I have so much down time that I'm always looking for something to do! =)  

July:  Homemade Chore Chart
I'm hoping this will help me out around the house, but I'm probably being a little too optimistic!  A clean house + shopping money for kids = ONE happy family!

August:  Homemade Lavender Wand  
I HEART lavender, and this should be an easy way to showcase it...plus, make everything smell yummy!

September:  Homemade Applesauce
I know what you're thinking...this will NOT end well!  You're probably right, but I really want to learn how to store food and thought that this might be the easiest way for me to get my feet wet!  Of course, I'll blog my results.  Bet you can't wait! =)

October:  Homemade Picture Canvas
Pictures on canvases seem to be all the rave...expensive to purchase, but look fun (and inexpensive) to make.  So I'm going to give it a try.  This may prove to be a total disaster, but I'm game!

November:  Homemade Shadow Boxes
I've ALWAYS wanted to make these for the kids.  I thought that by adding it towards the end of the year might make it more likely that it will be accomplished!  Plus, they would make great Christmas gifts.

December:  Homemade Ribbon Wreath
These are SO adorable!  Merisa would LOVE this for her door.  Can't say the boys would want one, but I would only need one for their door since both of their names start with "L"!  Clever, huh?!  Don't answer that!

Please keep me on-task...ask me how my projects are going each month!  I'm such a procrastinator, and I get easily distracted so I can't make any promises!  See my real resolution should be to learn how to "follow through", but I'm not sure if that's possible! =)  What's your resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

*If you want to talk about it, make sure to click the "Subscribe By Email" link below the comment form. You'll see responses in your email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...